dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Ti HB w/Handling Package

FF Reputation: 43 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dink7898 View Post
I also agree with this to point. But unless my math is wrong this is how I figure it.
The sticker for my 01 was 14 or 15k. I ended up paying like 13k i think. I put $2000 worth of mods over the life of the car.
When the SVT came out in 02 - 03(I can't remember) wasn't the sticker somewhere around 18 or 19k but there was no wheeling and dealing at least in my area on SVT products. My 01 was close to the price of an SVT but I still could have put another $2000 or so and been close if not over the same performance level.

That pretty much how I think of my 12. I know it will never be anywhere close to an ST but I will still get the car to the "fun" stage. So how much performance do you think you could get from the $5000 difference in price between what I paid and what you could walk out of the dealer with an ST for if it will be anything like the 1st gen SVT.

I would think you could get pretty deep into the N/A engine for that. As long as you save it for the high HP gain mods.
For 5k you can get hella NA motor. Unfortunately the comparison doesn't exactly work because the ST has boost.

That being said, the car will most definitely be fun and will run circles around a stock SVT. In all honesty, I can see a 5-7 psi charger setup in the future with reliability. Then, you actually are over a stock ST due to the compression ratio.

But then everything else will fail if you don't have a manual (le sigh).

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
Hatch Nation #161