Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - My thoughts on mods
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 07:39 PM   #24
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

Points 24,658, Level 95
Points: 24,658, Level: 95 Points: 24,658, Level: 95 Points: 24,658, Level: 95
Level Up 31% Completed
Level up: 31% Level up: 31% Level up: 31%
Forum Activity 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%
FF Reputation: 49 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMaiden View Post
I spent alot of time at the track watching people with their NA Mitsu Eclipses spending money on turbo kits,carbon fiber hoods,lighter flywheels,etc and couldn't even touch a mildy modded turbo model and with an AWD version they wouldn't even be close and for all thnat money that could've had the better model and be quicker and better all around.

I'm just saying buy the higher horsepower model within your same car model and save a bunch of money and compete outside you class. Me personally I couldn't just pour money into my Focus just to sniff a stock ST's butt but I guess if the individual isn't trying to overachieve then have a ball but from a money standpoint it's not the smartest route.
I agree with this, for those looking to race...but this thread started with mild mods and looking for advice/recommendations. A flywheel is a relatively simple procedure (albeit a bit time consuming).

Basically, most anyone looking to try and boost our 12.1 compression ratio should wait for the ST. But without good income/credit, those people shouldn't have bought a '12.

Those who try will probably be picking up pieces of their block over 7 psi.
2014 FiST-