dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 46 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StockTalon View Post
I don't see why paying someone is such a bad thing. Hell, if I could afford it Id pay someone to finish the Talon. I don't have the time or the tools to finish it the way I want.
I'm not saying that paying someone is a bad thing. There are many people that should be paying someone and not trying to do the work themselves. Not everyone has a mechanical background. That shouldn't limit what they get out of their car. I even pay others to do certain things.

I just get tired of the constant 'you should have just saved and bought an ST' mentality. By the time you've worked through all the Focus step-ups, then you have to go Mustang, then a whole other brand, then you buy a Space Shuttle.

For people who want a FI car, my opinion is that they should have waited for the ST. But the majority of people who own the current model just want a fun, economical car. Others like the challenge of altering the initial design (myself included). Still others are not going to want to pay the insurance premiums and fuel cost of the pseudo-sports car.

There is always something better, quicker, faster, prettier...but there is nothing wrong with someone who wants to put down a little wrench time on their car.

Maybe that makes sense, maybe not. Just a small rant, no big. Nothing against anyone choosing a particular route.

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-