Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 03:59 PM   #1330
unfocused1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95246
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 unfocused1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFrench6646 View Post
Just had my Focus in for it's first oil change/check-up. My dealership did a very good job in explaining the Tranny, and it's issues. Pretty much quoting what many of the fine posters on this site have said. I'm at 4100 miles, and the shuddering has all but ceased. Just a slight shudder now, if I allow it to roll off of a stoplight, without applying pedal. But if I give it a bit of gas, she just grabs, and goes. The other day I was at a red light, and dropped it to S mode, when the light turned green, I popped thru the first 4 gears letting it rev to almost redline, and was completely amazed how smooth, and fast the acceleration was. 0 to 60 was a blur! The dealership has placed me on an instant notice list in case ant TSB's or other items pop up. And I have a rep from FoMoCo messaging me here as well. So I have got my confidence level up from 75% to 99% in my new ride. Thanks to all here who have posted the wonderfully infomative info on here. I hope to be a help as well!
The only downside is, in doing that, you'll lose MPG in the process. My last fuel-up was 28.5MPG (I typically get 30.5).

Of course, I've also done more city/local driving recently and that doesn't help... but it's not a massive drop, and smoothness at the lower speeds is instantly noticed. Not an unfair trade-off, but sometimes I will drive slowly (gran mode, like in parking lots...)

My confidence level is in the 90%s as well.