Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Dealer damage on new Focus
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 12:46 PM   #29
laned
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101442
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Manual Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 laned Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Yeah, I managed to get a hold of Ford Motor companies customer service center and I've already filed a complaint against the dealer through Ford mostly for the all the loops they have me jumping through (should have been a pretty straight forward deal to begin with and I should have had a car 2 weeks ago) as well as an issue with their insurance that I for the life of me couldn't figure it.

I had talked to one of the two sales reps yesterday about the incident and what we can work out on with the price and was told they can't do anything with the price, and it's take it or leave kind of deal at this point. When I questioned them about their insurance on the vehicle I was told that they're not having insurance cover the incident and that they're paying for the repairs out of pocket which is better for me as it means the damage won't show up on any VIN number review search (carfax, etc.) which to me seems horribly unethical especially if I go to sell the car in the future, granted I would alert the buyer about the incident. Another thing I was told was that the person who supposedly hit the car did not have an ID on them at the time of the accident so their insurance is not being used if they had any to begin with.

I did talk to Ford Motor company some more about further rebates they may be able to offer me for buying an already damaged vehicle from one of their dealers and understandably they couldn't really do much as dealers are privately owned/operated.

I did however manage to get a hold of the sales manager (he seems to be the only guy with common sense at the dealership) and talked to him about the incident and what can be done to fix this situation. It turns out though that the sales reps surpassed him and went straight to the general manager about everything so the dealership seems to be at a bit of a stalemate over this whole deal. I am waiting on a phone call from the sales manager today and we'll see what happens.

I've already begun to call other dealers in the area to see if they can match the price on a "new" vehicle with the same setup, if they can and the current dealer won't budge on their price, I'd much rather spend my money elsewhere.