Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Dealer damage on new Focus
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 02:27 AM   #28
Nik00117
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 58749
What I Drive: 2011 Fusion SEL, 2010 Road Glide

FF Reputation: 0 Nik00117 Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
You're right...never sold cars. My dealer tried to tell me this exact same thing...however, there is NO WAY the dealer can pay for a multi million dollar building and the staff on a 2% profit...there would have to be a steady stream of cars leaving that lot. Its amazing how creative they can get to make the deal go through, perhaps there is money on the back end of these deals too. I got mine $2000 under sticker so I don't know about your theory.
It's true, and $2,000 under sticker is completely possibly called rebates/dealer hold backs which does exist.

When it comes to out of pocket costs such as repairs, etc profits get eaten up really quick.

Quote:
Talking to the dealer though they're telling me they can't do anything on the price without hurting their bottom line which I feel is ridiculous especially because I'm dealing with a large, well known dealership.
Sell it to them, say look "Here you have all this time invested in me and the vehicle and some unforeseen circumstances happened. Now I as a customer am stuck with a less then happy buying experience. I'm still willing to get the car but you guys should pony up some cash in return for me staying with you and not simply walking away. The vehicle was in an accident, you repaired it great now I want $500 cash back for all the inconvenience this has caused me and my family and if this doesn't happen I'll contact Ford Customer Service file a compliant, have my money refunded and purchase from another dealer, maybe even a different brand.

They'll see it as $500 to keep you happy

Also mention that you understand in life shit happens, but if this fix this problem with you you'd tell me they are a stand up dealer.