View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 10:37 PM   #1169
Graeme S
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101487
What I Drive: 2012 SBM Focus Titanium A/T

FF Reputation: 1 Graeme S Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
So my sainted mother picked up a 2012 Titanium A/T hatch three months ago (went in for her 90 days yesterday) and is having two teensy problems.

First up, the tank, even when reading "zero km left" has about 7L in the tank remaining (that's about 1.8 gallons). When she got it inspected, she asked about that, and they said that it's hardwired into the system and there's nothing that can be done to fix or change it. She understand a little caution, and that it's never good to bleed a system dry, but she tries to use the "km left" as best she can to judge how many kilometres she's getting on a tank. And with 8 fewer litres in the tank, it feels like it's a lot less fuel efficient than it really should be on a 47L tank.

Secondly, whenever there's a phone that's been bluetooth synced, but is driven away from, the entire Sync system seems to freeze and just be unhappy for nearly 10 minutes (even a turn off/turn on doesn't help). This happens every now and again as I chauffer my mother around town and drop her off to find parking. It's quite annoying to not have the rear-view camera when that's kind of the reason she picked it up.

Now, as far as the second, she did just get the Sync system reflashed during her 90-day, and that may have fixed the bluetooth. Not sure yet. Any thoughts y'all?