scott7278
Focus Addict

Fan#: 100021
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 5 scott7278 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2.3zx3 View Post
Tomorrow I'm flushing my coolant! I hope that helps my overheating issue. I know it's not my fans or my thermostat, I don't think it's my water pump, but when it starts to overheat and if I rev up the car it will begin to cool off... I'm thinking a flow issue, but my coolant still looks clean. Any thoughts?
On my old Grand Prix, I was minding my own business in the drive-thru when all of the sudden my A/C quit, an alert sounded, and a message read something along the lines of A/C SHUT-OFF TO PROTECT ENGINE. I looked down, and the temperature was in the red.

I pulled into a spot and went in to eat. When I came back after taking my time, it was fine while driving, but would start to overheat at stoplights. The mechanic said that everything checked out - no coolant leak, fan was cycling properly, coolant was marginal but not bad enough to cause it to overheat, etc. He suspected a thermostat, and I went ahead and told him to do a flush-and-fill, too.

I was confident that the problem was fixed until two days later, when after two days of heavy trouble-free driving, the heater core finally blew and dumped fluid in the passenger area.

Not saying that's what yours is, but if everything else is checking out, it is a possibility.