Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc)
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 07:33 PM   #1579
choyrl
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 99906
What I Drive: 97 MustangGT,08 Corvette,12 FocusTi

FF Reputation: 1 choyrl Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by imccrea View Post
pretty much what Nik said, you're better off with the rebates and you can get college student purchase program which entitles you to $500. I would start looking now because 12's are going to get hard to find in another month.
Hello Ira,

With what you stated above...I'm curious what the current rebates/incentives are from Ford on the remaining 2012 Focus? Wondered if the $3000 rebate Nik referred to was on the 2012 Focus or on a different car?

By the way, I just came back yesterday from a 3-day business trip to Boston. I was able to get a Focus SEL as a car rental from Enterprise. It was registered in May 2012 and the car had about 1700 miles on it when I picked it up at the airport. This car felt much different from my Focus Titanium which had a build date of 5/27/12. The rental felt sluggish and was tough to get it to accelerate quickly from stop. Bottom line is I feel a big difference between my Titanium and the SEL rental. Much of it is probably due to my car was built with 12B37 implemented where as this SEL rental may not have the 12B37 applied to it yet.

I should add that I did enjoy this rental and it was a fun car to drive. I did put in over 400 miles on it in the 2.5 days I had it. My only complaint was how slow it accelerated onto the highway or from stop, otherwise, it drove very well when the car was moving and everything else worked well, except for some reasons, I was unable to sync my phone to it which I had no problems with syncing it on my Titanium at home. Maybe the rental was not set up with SYNC service??? It kept telling me "no phone found" even though I verified my phone's bluetooth was on and the phone was on discoverable mode. This SEL rental did not have the MyFord Touch system on it and did not have a subwoofer in the back which I had previously thought it would have as standard item on the SEL. This rental was equipped with leather.

Last edited by choyrl; 07-19-2012 at 11:33 PM.