ViperThreat
Moderator OF DOOM

Fan#: 66026
What I Drive: '06 WRX Wagon 285whp/292wtq

FF Reputation: 8 ViperThreat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodLovesUgly View Post
yeah, i'll be over 5k for sure. I don't have a clutch or lsd yet so that will add another 2k?

that's way too much for a timing belt instal! i paid 170? for timing belt, tensioners, pullies, water pump, serp crap. did you have someone do it for you??

I seriously lucked out and got a ton of my parts in the BST section. if you keep an eye out, you can cut a ton of the cost.

edit- i paid the same for my J&S that i'm not going to use! plan your builds out!

I paid full price for my SCT, couldnt find one used, and didnt want to bother with shipping it out for restoration.

I had my timing belt done.. I was so tired of all the work i was doing.. i just took it to a shop. Out of sight, out of mind.

Ive cut alot of cost with the BST section as well, but Im also buying new on alot of parts simply because I dont want to take the chance on a used part going wrong. This is my daily, so i need it to be reliable.

I really would like to do the LSD at some point. I figure sometime next year i might have my trans cleaned up and rebuilt. A local trans shop said they might be able to change the gearing on 6th since they did it on a Cooper S. It would be cool to do that and a LSD at the same time.

"Ford Focus ST - the official car of message-board circle-jerks"
-Regular Car Reviews