ViperThreat
Moderator OF DOOM

Fan#: 66026
What I Drive: '06 WRX Wagon 285whp/292wtq

FF Reputation: 8 ViperThreat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodLovesUgly View Post
1800 is a decent start, but be prepared to AT LEAST double that.
I think I'm at 3700.00 so far, and I still need a clutch and LSD(optional)
oh and oil lines & fittings, drivers side motor mount, and i'm sure something else will come up. Mind you, i've found GREAT deals on most of my parts.. if you're paying retail for all of this, the price is going to jump and jump quickly.

check out my thread, it will help you get started on what you need and what is suggested. http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=266902

ohhh yeah, you can't forget about tuning! that's another 550 if you are working with Tom, and probably more from other places.

as for power, Toms kit at 10 PSI on a stock motor will put you at about 200-220 WHP
I think he said you would need to run 17-19 PSI for 300whp+?? i'm sure he can clear that up. (I have his kit BTW.)

I suggest you really read up in this forum, there is a TON of info you will need to know before you get started.
My advice to you is to plan out your build before you buy anything.. make sure you are set on what you want to do. I thought i knew what i wanted to do and ended up spending 500+ bucks on crap i'm not even going to use.
Take your time and have fun!

From what I understand, Tom's kit is good for over 250whp on a stock SVT block. And he mentioned building past 300 with a larger turbo.

Either way.. If I put together all my bills to my current point

Used turbo kit with most everything - $2000
Stg 3 Clutch/flywheel - $950
Timing Belt + Install - $350
Tool rentals to install clutch - $150
SCT Tuner +Toms Tune - $900 ($350+550)
Misc other accessories - $500+

If i have done my math right, ive spent nearly $5000 thus far, and I am going for a mild build.

This is not including the $350 i spent on a J&S that I decided not to use.