Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Need advice about the cheapest way to haul more arse
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 07:54 AM   #53
n00btard
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101317
What I Drive: 2013 VW Golf 2.5 3 door

FF Reputation: 1 n00btard Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus2727 View Post
I would get an Xcal 3 NA Tune from Tom and the Cat back...

there are small things you can do that are cheap on the intake like replace the stock filter with a fight flow (K&N) and remove the resonator...

I think the Tune and Exhaust will give the best bang for the buck... just be prepared to use premium if you go with the tune...
I think that sounds like a plan then.

I already use premium because of the fuel conditioners. I'm also one of those weirdo's who buys his gas from the same company every time (QT) since I know they buy gas from the center of the gasoline frac.

I'll be getting an SVT suspension, intake, cross-drilled rotors, new pads/shoes, and body work in August. I'm going to do the tranny whenever I can wait for however long it takes to get it back from Tom.

On a side note --My Focus has a low pitch rumble at 2300-2600RPM with the car in gear. It goes away if I open the clutch or acellerate past 2600RPM. Do I need to go back to the shop, or is that the natural resonant frequency of the car?