Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Dealer damage on new Focus
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 02:32 AM   #23
Nik00117
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 58749
What I Drive: 2011 Fusion SEL, 2010 Road Glide

FF Reputation: 0 Nik00117 Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Working in the industry for quite a few years now I've seen so many damaged vehicles in my time it's unreal. Fact is it's a part of the business, now a good reputable dealer has this issue down pact and know exactly how to fix it. Trust me all the cars are repaired and insured so your good to go.

If your truly concerned hire an independent mechanic to inspect the repair work himself.

In addition demand a $500 discount (be happy if you settle at $300) however only do this if the repair work is acceptable.

Quote:
I'd pass unless they are willing to at least throw in the extended warranty or drop the price another grand...There is a Ford $1500 rebate you could use off the sticker price, I would think you could get that deal anywhere especially with the '13's coming out. All you have to do is go to another dealer and ask them to beat this deal...I went to three dealers and they all competed for my business, the end price was really close among the dealerships but I got a more options with this car for the money.
I don't think you've ever sold cars so allow me to break it down

MSRP is $18,695 generally

At a profit margin of about 1.5% to 2.0% we are looking at maxium profit of $375~

The price is $17,100 with taxes and title included which is about a $1,350 value. So really MSRP with TTL is $20,045

So your saying $1,000 off? After the repair work has been done? Are you insane? Ok I could see $500 off maybe most likely $300.

Also all this concern about paint matching, I know a body shop here in Korea who has been paint matching perfectly american vehicles for decades now. If some old korean dude can do it in Korea then I'm sure a dealership in the states can do it as well.

I've seen repairs like this done in the past, successfully.