Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 08:22 PM   #1166
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99202
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus SE, HB, sport pkg

FF Reputation: 1 ElGatto Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsFocus View Post
There are more problems with the Focus than just getting the hang of it. There is no way you should have to learn to "master" a modern car. These aren't Formula 1 cars! I agree, this transmission is something to got used to, but any driver should be able to get in a Focus and drive it from day one without having to "learn". The "shudder' is common in this type of tranmission and is easy to get used to, but grinding, chattering and sloppy shifting is not. I would like someone to "teach" me how to drive my Focus so it doesn't grind, chatter, shift consistantly and responsively.

People come hear to voice their concerns about problems and try to find answers. There are real problems which I hope we will get answers to other than to learn to get the hang of it.
I was not referring to owners in your situation. Reading your comments you probably have a defective transmission. Why you can't get it fixed or replaced is beyond me.