FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blank102 View Post
I can't get my dome lights to come on when I open the door. And if I manually turn them on they won't shut off after I close the door. the owners manual doesn't even show marked buttons.
Help!
Quote:
Originally Posted by satcomtim View Post
Mine turn on about 30% of the time. Cant figure it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satcomtim View Post
I have the off button on a Job 2 SE and just cant figure this out. Held every button, car on, car off, door open, door closed and can't get the dome light to work on a regular basis with the door. Works about 30% of the time and sometimes with the keyfob when locking/unlocking. All other lights respond as expected. Not sure what to do short of visiting the dealer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicbluz View Post
...the Dome lights operation are still a baffling mystery to me. "The dome lamp will turn on when: any door is opened" mine only turns on if the car is on, is this normal? "The remote entry controls are pressed and the ignition is off" This NEVER happens, normal or a glitch?...I tried to show my dealer what was happening, but since the car was just off a couple minutes, of course the dome lamp came on and they just looked at me like I was crazy. Every night when I use the remote key and enter, dash lights come on but no dome lamp. Is this uhhhh normal??...
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderwoof View Post
...Btw, my dome light still doesn't turn on consistently whenever I unlock the doors with the remote.....
Hey guys -

If your dome lights aren't working properly, please see your dealer about it as soon as possible (even if you have done so already). If you'd like, please shoot me your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer information; I'll send these details to your region's Customer Service Manager for review.

In the meantime, please use this link if you'd like to access the owner's manuals: https://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conte...OwnerGuidePage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by symbology View Post

Did this not work?
Thanks for putting this image in the thread! It's the exact page in the owner's guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber5.sl0w View Post
^^ Just pull it from the roof like you wanna break it. It won't break and will come right off.
Oh my gosh! I think you could've also said, "be careful." LOL

Signing off,

Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford

Last edited by FordService; 07-18-2012 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Included additional poster