Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2013 Order Guide Released
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 09:54 AM   #276
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThIc3LiTe View Post
I'll assume this applies to Canada too?

Well...cock.

My Ti just got written off so to make it all easier I just want the exact same one as a replacement and avoid waiting.

I'm not against going used if I have to, aren't the 2013s missing things like dimming mirrors and rain sensing wipers and what not?
I'm pretty sure that this is the case, the U.S. site already has the 2013 MY info on the ford page. Canada is behind on updating the website, but all the Focus models built for sale in the N.A. market area are coming from the Michigan Assembly Plant (Wayne Assembly plant). Production is scheduled to end for Job 2 2012 models at the end of the week with Job 1 2013 scheduled for Monday the 23rd. The only thing is I haven't seen a canadian specific order guide so I don't know what the specific differences will be. The SEL is to be eliminated here, as well as the auto dimming rear view mirror and several other features/ colors/ etc.

Despite alloys being made standard on the SE you give up fog lamps and have to get the se premium package (not sure the exact name) for $2000 more with leather and 17" wheels in order to get rear disk brakes, and the dual zone climate control requires MFT where as in 2012 it was standard on an SEL without it. The SE now costs well over the former base or mid range SEL, and approaches Ti territory. Cloth seats are also unavailable on the 2013 Ti, as the base spec Ti starts off with the loaded SE, where as in 2012 at least you could have gotten cloth seats, which is nice since they were only available in black without a seat chiller.