Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - HOW TO: Wiring in Illuminated Door Sills
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 07:32 AM   #53
DarderSauce
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95564
What I Drive: '08 Vermillion Red 5 speed SEdan

FF Reputation: 5 DarderSauce Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyper View Post
You know, I was all for getting these, but then I had a thought. Maybe someone can give me input if they tried it before and failed (or passed) so I don't waste my time and money. I was going to get a TFB Designs Door Sill. Carbon background, lime green logo. Probably the focus one. Then I was going to get a two of those led strips that you see in stores for like $15 or on eBay for like $3. Put those right against the corner in the door sill, so that they are away from the door when it is closed and won't get damaged. They are waterproof, so that's a plus.
All this would cost me like $40 the most.

Any thoughts?
That would work but as far as the details go..... I can't help you with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAF_S197 View Post
Looks great. I'm going to be installing interior led's and have a question about powering them like in your how-to will they only get power when the night time driving lights are on or all the time?
They would only get power when you open the door/unlock the car. As for the night time driving lights... They will not be light when you turn them on.