Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Need advice about the cheapest way to haul more arse
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 07:23 AM   #47
n00btard
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101317
What I Drive: 2013 VW Golf 2.5 3 door

FF Reputation: 1 n00btard Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile30 View Post
Didn't mean to poo-poo the idea in a rant; but it happened to me tha same was!

Do you think you could just drop it and put a better stereo in it and deal with a slow/dependable ride for a few years, though?
I have no intention of dropping massive cash on this thing, but I would like to sped less time in traffic. On many days, just a little bit quicker 20-65 acelleration boost would be the difference between getting around a new traffic source and sitting on my arse behind the idiot brigade for an extra 90 minutes. More time with my wife is what this is all about --I'm not looking to race or even to speed. I just want this already nimble car to have enough torque that I can hit that tiny window in traffic without cutting anyone off. I didn't check where you live, but I live in the largest city in North America without mass transit --there are literally millions of idiots on the roads every day in DFW. Add to that every highway within 20 miles of my home is under construction TX style (where you never know when there will be one guy working and they close the entire thing) --and you can see why I want to get that little bit extra pep in my step.

I already have one Hell of a stereo. I'm one of those guys who can make my own speakers, cables et cetera --the head unit is a POS, but all I care about is that the 3.5mm jack works. I plug my phone in, turn on the tunes and get traffic alerts. I'm utilitarian about my tools because I'm in debt. I'd love to take out a bigger loan next semester and buy a brand new 3 door Feista ST (if Ford ever lets us have it) but as cool as that would be --I ain't payin' that off for the next 30 years.