Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2008-2011 Picture Thread!!
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 06:10 PM   #4975
King Hoonigan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100769
What I Drive: 2011 Sterling Grey SES

FF Reputation: 1 King Hoonigan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crice8 View Post
You have to purchase the unpainted one and have it painted. I came in possession of about 10 of the 3dcarbon kits a while back and pieced out several of them and decided to keep the lip. 3D Carbon no longer makes anything for our gen and what warehouses have is what they have. The reason I got so many kits for very very cheap, is because the Dallas Warehouse for FORD was clearing out all of their kits for our gen.. I also got several of the trunk organizers and the lighted door sills. I sold off what I didn't use just to pass the savings to other members.

Parts for our gen are about to become quite rare because from a business sense it would be stupid for a manufacture to produce alot of aftermarket parts for a car model that was only sold 3 years. the way they see it there is a very small aftermarket for our cars because most bought it for fuel savings and economical aspect and would not want to purchase aftermarket parts anyways. There were almost a million of the 08-11 focus sold and produced. But in reality out of that less than 5000 will care to modify the car...
Well that is awesomely bad news.....I love my focus and dont want to trade it in but when you see other cars for cheaper, that are quicker, and have tons of aftermarket support...its a bit discouraging. Well least we have a good amount of performance support in the way of FSwerks. Better start trying a bit harder to save the coin for that turbo kit before that vanishes too.