Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Need advice about the cheapest way to haul more arse
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 06:34 PM   #41
n00btard
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101317
What I Drive: 2013 VW Golf 2.5 3 door

FF Reputation: 1 n00btard Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus2727 View Post
I have the nice man intake paired with the FocusSport iTG filter. The filter has died and bought it with the car but is a life time filter warranty (to the original owner).

The SVT suspension kit you can get from Tousley Ford talk to Steve... he is on another Focus forum but they have an online store also.

Go with Tom for the transmission.

I don't know I would do anything on the header if you can't/won't do the SVT header. I don't think any of the Shorty ones actually give you any gain

Do a CAT back exhaust TruBendz makes good kits for the focus. Get 2.5 or larger. Go on YouTube and search for zetec focus exhaust clips... I think Borla sounds the best but also is a little more....

Check out C-F-M for other bolt on's that you may want.
I'd love to do the SVT headers, but I'll have to call the hippie-land DMV to check on the legality first. I'd have to use an SVT exhaust kit if I do purchase the SVT header and CAT right?

Tousley ford sells the SVT kit for like $200 still right? I seem to remember them being the cheapest I found.

Tom is the MTX75 legend right? Or is that another guy? I've seen a LOT of threads talking about some guy who could make an MTX75 take an SVT Getrag 6-speed to school in real world driving. 90MPH+ I don't care about --I like driving fast, but that kind of on public roads gets people killed/arrested.

Is the Iceman better than the K&N Gen 2? I'm not buying a scoop hood --I don't like to advertise that my car is worth stealing.