Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Rotor Upgrade Questions
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 03:45 PM   #1
DarderSauce
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95564
What I Drive: '08 Vermillion Red 5 speed SEdan

FF Reputation: 5 DarderSauce Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Cool Rotor Upgrade Questions

Hello All!

Well I finally got everything I needed to upgrade my rear drum breaks to disk breaks. Well almost everything, I told the seller I did not want the rear rotors because they looked to be rather rusty and I wasn't sure if there was any warping so I figured I would just get a new set, plus the parts were cheaper to ship w/out them. The break lines were also not included.

The only problem I am having now is trying to figure out which rotors/lines I should purchase

Wondering if anyone can recommend a solid set of rotors that would work for a long time in bad MN winters with lots of salt. I would like to get rotors that have the center (hub) painted black because in my experience removing a set that is rusted on can be a PITA (see -->) and that's supposed to help prevent rust

Rotors by DarderSauce, on Flickr

Also not really looking for drilled/slotted for the following reasons:
1. I think they are more likely to crack (may be wrong)
2. most of them (excluding the very expensive) are not cast like that, instead they are machined afterwards
3. I have solid rotors on the front so drilled/slotted on just the rear would look dumb (IMHO).

I know I need to get new break lines that are a bit longer but don't want to have to go through the hassle of having them made. I want to make sure I get a set that has all the correct fittings on both ends so I don't have to do any modifications to get them to work. If you could recommend a set of lines as well I would appreciate it. Remember..... links on where each can be purchased are GGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEAT!!

I apologize for starting a new thread about this as I am sure the information is out there but asking a quick question will save me time in searching so I appreciate all responses, especially since I am sure the answers to these questions will be repeats. Thanks so much fellas!