FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow-blaze View Post
Since the recent program update (which I think was 12B37) I've been getting the exact grinding/rattling noise as in the original video. I took it in to the dealer and they said they couldn't reproduce it, but that it was probably the syncronizer which could be heard on a 1-2 shift. They offered to let me come in another day and drive it with a technician to show them the noise.

...Should I take it in again and try to show them the noise? Or is the noise in the video "normal" operation?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricomtl View Post
yup - the 12B37 doesn't address that grinding noise. From all sources I've read so far, seems like it's normal operation of a dry clutch.

I had noise before & after the update, but I'm so used to it now that I don't pay attention to it anymore.
Hey guys -

In Customer Satisfaction Program 12B37, we developed calibration improvements to the Powertrain Control Module, Transmission Control Module, and Anti-Lock Brake module; which addresses transmission shift and hill-start quality.

I recommend taking it in to your dealer, yellow-blaze. They'll be able to inspect and diagnose your transmission noise. I'd like to let your Customer Service Manager know about this; please PM me your VIN, mileage, phone #, and dealer info.

How's your Focus doing, ricomtl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ysteven View Post
Hi All, I am new here. I noticed before that I have grinding noise when accelerating. I used to drive always with stereo on or windows close so didn't pay attention before. It's sounds like dry bearing...I was reading some posts, where guys saing that there is no real fix for that yet. First I though it needs to break in, but I have already 7500miles, it should of been gone by now. Please help. Really confused what to do...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ysteven View Post
I had it at 1000miles and now am at 7500miles still the same.
Welcome to this forum! Have you taken it to your dealer for an inspection yet? If you'd like, please PM me your VIN, mileage, phone #, and dealer info; I'll loop in your Customer Service Manager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptrsan View Post
Todays update....the transmission techs are back at the dealership after their classes, and they said the trans needs to be rebuilt...(DUUUHHH even I knew that). Sadly they don't know how long it will be before the parts are available. "could be a few days or could be a couple of weeks" . (I wonder if there is a run on replacement parts....any guesses if ford will finally admit a problem?). The service manage said we could drive the car until parts come in...

Noemi...any reason the dealership has no idea where the parts are?
Hey ptrsan -

I'm taking over as the new Ford rep on this Forum; it's nice to type to you. Please PM me your VIN, mileage, phone #, and servicing dealer; I'll forward this info to your Customer Service Manager. He/she will contact you and your dealer about parts availability.

Take care,

Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford