Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Dropping a Valve - PREVENTION - ???
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 11:31 AM   #15
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

Points 51,311, Level 100
Points: 51,311, Level: 100 Points: 51,311, Level: 100 Points: 51,311, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 32%
Activity: 32% Activity: 32% Activity: 32%
FF Reputation: 154 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc49 View Post
'to say the head is aluminum and the seat is steel, the aluminum expands more with heat and sooner or later the part will work loose and fall out is just silly'

That's not a good thought to come back with. It's not only simple physics but one of the foremost reasons why a seat would drop, yet you as god simply dismiss it. It doesn't make you look smarter. It does make you look like you care more about insulting people than the truth. Why do you do that? .
Yes it is just silly , by your statement at some point ALL Alum heads with steel seats "sooner or later the part will work loose and fall out " will fall out is not a true statement , again there are BILLIONS of Alum head out there all the way back to the mid 1960`s that dont have this issue and are still running , why is it hard to believe that the seats are to small and not in the head tight enough from the factory, The seat being to small from the start has nothing to do with physics , A steel seat installed PROPERLY will NEVER fall out of an Alum head

There was no intent of making anyone look silly , I am not one to beat around the bush , Yes I am blunt and I say whats comes to mind but its not ment as an insult in any way , your on the Internet , you need to take your feelings out of the equation and look at what I wrote , if you dont agree tell me why and we can debate it , saying something is silly wasnt an insult and I am not a God altho I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc49 View Post
While your number of 2% fails may be spouted as some screwy defense of the engine design and implementation, I'm sure that explanation (and the additional LOL comment) makes anybody who's lost a car prematurely due to it feel so much better. I'm also sure that 2% number very easily translates into more than that in bad feeling that ultimately can affect repeat cars sales, pissed off owners spread much more bad press than happy ones do good.

I don't necessarily buy the 2% number but IF...............

2% of ONE million, not even the millions spoke of, is 20,000 pissed off owners, I wouldn't dismiss that amount as 'small'. Ford has lost market share in bits and pieces smaller than that at times in the past, but they still lost it. You let go of 2% here and 2% there at your peril nowadays. If you wrote off that amount with such a flippant air in the marketing department, you'd have a job all of maybe 5 minutes.
"screwy defense of the engine design and implementation" Where was I defending this engine or the issues it has , short of the 4.6 I think its the worst engine Ford even built , I even stated , unless you one with the seats falling out , did I not ?

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus