Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Dropping a Valve - PREVENTION - ???
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 02:09 AM   #13
amc49
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 96610
What I Drive: 00 wagon, 02 sedan both zetec atx

FF Reputation: 19 amc49 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
'to say the head is aluminum and the seat is steel, the aluminum expands more with heat and sooner or later the part will work loose and fall out is just silly'

That's not a good thought to come back with. It's not only simple physics but one of the foremost reasons why a seat would drop, yet you as god simply dismiss it. It doesn't make you look smarter. It does make you look like you care more about insulting people than the truth. Why do you do that?

While your number of 2% fails may be spouted as some screwy defense of the engine design and implementation, I'm sure that explanation (and the additional LOL comment) makes anybody who's lost a car prematurely due to it feel so much better. I'm also sure that 2% number very easily translates into more than that in bad feeling that ultimately can affect repeat cars sales, pissed off owners spread much more bad press than happy ones do good.

I don't necessarily buy the 2% number but IF...............

2% of ONE million, not even the millions spoke of, is 20,000 pissed off owners, I wouldn't dismiss that amount as 'small'. Ford has lost market share in bits and pieces smaller than that at times in the past, but they still lost it. You let go of 2% here and 2% there at your peril nowadays. If you wrote off that amount with such a flippant air in the marketing department, you'd have a job all of maybe 5 minutes.