Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle)
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 05:29 PM   #768
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
Update...

The dealer definitely has heard the sound in my car (ride along) and is working to fix the problem. However, the issue is that all the TSBs out for related problems apply to cars with build dates earlier than mine. Thus, even though they acknowledge the issue, they're trying to figure out how to cover it as a warranty repair. Hopefully they can straighten it out with Ford this week!

The service advisor heard the noise within about 15 seconds. We hadn't even pulled out of the parking lot at the dealership! I've also received phone calls from the regional CSM thanks to some initial PM action on here with the Ford reps. So, while it's not yet fixed, I'm definitely satisfied with the attention it's now receiving.
Was back at the dealer the other day. They know it's making noises, but Ford has told them that whatever TSBs apply to it don't apply to when/where my car was built. So, right now, they're stuck.

Looks like I'm going have to escalate this through my Regional CSM...

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6