View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 04:42 PM   #1953
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)

I don't understand, if this Sync System with AppLink works well enough (it does, I got some quality time with my buddies GT500 this weekend and it had this equipped) and this system literally does everything our current system does... including media, bluetooth, climate, and SYNC w/ nav... why didn't they just borrow the code from this system and wrap in a fancy new interface to give us MFT? After seeing that Ford had a system that worked better all along, I'm THAT much more disappointed with MFT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
I'm not holding my breath, not if they are switching it to home and info icons instead of stars going forward. Not a chance we'll get it back. If we end up having no choice though I'd honestly rather have volume there than home and info because those are meaningless to me. Volume would be nice since that is where my hands are as a rule anyway. More convenient for me I guess but still not as convenient as having what I was sold and paid for.
10 and 2 is the rule, your hand shouldn't be that low if we're talking handbook driving, lol. :D

Either way, seemingly the stars/favorites are gone for good. The new Escape has Home and Info buttons, the new 2013 Focus pictures I've seen are starting to show Home and Info as well.

Either way, I view this change like I view updates to my computer/tablet/phone, new operating system version means new changes, removed/added features, new look, etc. this IS a computer, features will be lost or added depending on customer feedback and internal testing/reasons (not that they did much testing, apparently) so I don't care one way or another if I get them back, I never used them much to be honest anyway, and still don't now. I'd rather have a call volume up/down rocker instead, since that's the bluetooth control side and sometimes highway driving makes it hard to hear the other person.

Just my .02, I can see/understand the frustration for those of you who used the favorite buttons often though.
Sonic Crew #28