Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle)
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 04:25 PM   #767
wilsonfocus86
Focus Addict

Fan#: 23099
What I Drive: 14 Fusion 2.0

FF Reputation: 3 wilsonfocus86 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bames_Jond View Post
Out of curiosity, has anyone uploaded A/V of their clunking Focus on YouTube? I think real video showing when the noises occur and what exactly they sound like might be beneficial to other owners of affected cars (as well as Ford).
I know a few have tried/trying. I tried two methods. I literally duct taped my phone to the strut/suspension towers inside the engine bay area..(obviously there was an excess of engine noise, who knew, jk). Then, I duct taped my phone into the wheel well right next to the strut/spring assembly. I got a lot better recording, though not something that "sounds exactly like the clunk/pop I hear from inside the car whilst driving"; but more promising than the engine bay. Which leads me to conclude, that it is very hard to get an identical cluck/pop/rattle without say, some top of the line A/V equipment with audio editing software, la-di-da-di-da...

I'll try and get my video up sometime real soon, if only I can edit it.