Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus Ford Racing Handling Kit
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 02:05 PM   #12
Bimmer-Bob
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98064
What I Drive: 2010 BMW 128i; 2012 Focus SE Sport

FF Reputation: 3 Bimmer-Bob Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRG_Zeal View Post
I did not. I have the DCT so shifters aren't on my radar.

My ballpark price-wise is taking into account the springs cost $225 and the Fiesta handling kit(springs, shocks, struts) costs 300. Considering the price of the springs plus what the shocks and struts would be, not to mention the roll bars, I'm gonna guess around $800-$1000. Of course I could be WAY off on this since the price given in Australia is 1300.

Still kinda surprised that the Fiesta kit is 300 though, maybe the Focus kit is gonna be as affordable?

(I'm hoping its closer to 800. That seems very reasonable to me considering this is a new car)
Yeah, the Fiesta kit is insanely cheap. It's barely more than just springs would be. But like you said, the Focus kit also gets the anti-roll bars. But still, it seems like the Focus kit shouldn't be that much more, maybe.

Interestingly, they actually offer three suspension kits for the Fiesta: the basic handling kit, an autocross kit (which just looks like a rebranded Bilstein PSS kit), and a B-spec kit, which is a true four corner coil-over kit. I wish the Focus had that kind of support from FRPP.