Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle)
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 01:18 PM   #765
Bames_Jond
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 100409
What I Drive: 2010 Black SES

FF Reputation: 1 Bames_Jond Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Sir Clunksalot Returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigertiger View Post
Don't mean to make light of your situation, but I laughed out loud at this reference. (I'm guessing you included it for humor)
Indeed I did - trying my best here to de-stress an ownership experience that is becoming a bigger pain in the rear with each subsequent service visit. It's nice to see there's another Christopher Guest fan on the thread though.

Well, Sir Clunksalot goes into a different service dept. tomorrow for repair attempt #5 (wish me luck)... I am a little nervous that the "note" the CSM left in the system after our somewhat less than pleasant conversation last Thursday may make shop #2 feel coerced into corroborating shop #1's official statement, but I don't want to put the cart ahead of the horse.

Out of curiosity, has anyone uploaded A/V of their clunking Focus on YouTube? I think real video showing when the noises occur and what exactly they sound like might be beneficial to other owners of affected cars (as well as Ford).

Still Clunking Along,

Mike