Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Need advice about the cheapest way to haul more arse
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 11:57 PM   #18
n00btard
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101317
What I Drive: 2013 VW Golf 2.5 3 door

FF Reputation: 1 n00btard Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus2727 View Post
Not sure if I would trust that mechanic as most people with the SVT end up deleting the VCT when they go FI....

you say you just had your engine built... if you don't know what was done then its not all capped out... how much was the rebuild? Rods and pistons alone cost me $900 not to count ALL the labor required to replace them....
I'd trust the man --he's an old family friend -and I'm not even considering going FI on the SVT engine.

I don't know what was done because I don't know jack about fuel injection cars --this is only my second car without a carburetor. I'm a N00btard about Focuses.

BTW --I didn't spend a dime. My Focus was a gift from both my mother and my mechanic. I just lost the automobile love of my life --I had a customized 1986 AMC Eagle Wagon that I rebuilt with the help of some old family friends. I trashed my transfer case beyond repair when I was out camping, and since the Texas star transfer case is impossible to find --my family and friends got together and gave me a car that I could get through law school. It's a nice bonus that the focus gets more than the 8MPGs my Eagle got.