Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - My Ford Touch Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 11:09 AM   #1944
Makker
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101199
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver SEL 5 Speed

FF Reputation: 1 Makker Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I've read through this thread, and am I glad my SEL doesn't have the MFT. I know there are a few of you who think that those complaining are just whining, and I have to say, I've put up with some pretty shoddy electronics in my day. But the reality is, if anyone bought a new TV that would work sometimes, sometimes not, would randomly change channels after changing the volume, or would outright have the volume climb to max for no reason when you turn it on, no one would sit there and continue to live with it. Or how about a TV that you'd have to go into the basement and flip a circuit breaker every few hours so that you could continue to watch TV? Anything less then working as it was promised I would think is unacceptable. The fact that you all paid over a grand for the privilege of a barely operational device in your car is borderline criminal.

I was poking around an Edge forum to see how they are making out, and they have much the same issues. I'm wondering how long it will be before someone with an MFT starts a class action against Ford for selling and not fixing this system for well over a year. Thank god that the team responsible for building this didn't seem to have any input in the rest of the vehicle by the look of it.

My only hope is that by the time I go to upgrade my car, you guys will have gotten Ford to fix this system. I like the idea of it, just not the stability, or lack there of.