Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Cruise control issue.
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 12:34 PM   #27
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,109, Level 34
Points: 3,109, Level: 34 Points: 3,109, Level: 34 Points: 3,109, Level: 34
Level Up 40% Completed
Level up: 40% Level up: 40% Level up: 40%
Forum Activity 19%
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by amplifier28 View Post
I always use my cruise control. I have the same problem. My cruise controls sometimes fails to engage. Going to take my car to the dealer to have it checked out in about a week when the school year is over. Will keep you posted about what is exactly fixed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amplifier28 View Post
I have not had a chance to take in to the dealership, but my cruise control is working most of the time and only fails sometimes now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattphoto View Post
my cruise stopped working today on a long trip. What a pain. I'll take it to the dealer...
Quote:
Originally Posted by agamben0 View Post
I just had my car in yesterday to have this exact problem looked at. They could even reproduce it (lucky me!). But all they did was take apart the switch and put it back together and it started working for them.

Unfortunately, on my drive home from the dealer, it once again wasn't working for me. I don't have time to deal with it this or next week so I guess I just go without cruise control for a little while. Disappointed.

They did fix all my other woes though in this visit so I must say I'm quite happy otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2 View Post
...My dealership still hasn't really gotten in touch with me about what Ford said and my car is still having cruise issues.
Hi everyone -

If any of you are still experiencing cruise control issues, please PM me your VIN, mileage, phone #, and servicing dealer. I'll be glad to send all details to your region's Customer Service Manager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ9012 View Post
Wow this issue became common pretty quickly. Contagious perhaps?
Sounds like a case by case basis; unless the Focus could cough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattphoto View Post
...As far as ergonomics, the paddle design is horrible. making the on/off switch physically part of the +/- rocker makes for a lot of accidental presses. It's really a poor design. Bu tI had gotten careful and thus used to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor1956 View Post
I really don't like the steering wheel controls for the cruise control!...They could have easily designed it so that all cruise functions were done with push operations so that the pull button, now used for cancel/resume, could be used, in combination with a rededicated Voice command pull button on the other side, for paddle shifters...
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor1956 View Post
...I have on numerous occasions meant to press the "-" button to slow it down a notch only to feel the whole rocker wobble and activate the on/off switch. As I said, this is the worst designed steering wheel control interface I have ever used in my entire 55 year life -- absolutely horrid!

...but there is simply no excuse for Ford ever letting this t*rd of a design get green lighted...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ9012 View Post
Would have to say I find the opposite, love the layout more intuitive to me.
Don't be shy to get other fans and enthusiasts involved; please submit all ideas regarding cruise control functionality here: http://social.ford.com/. Thanks for your approval, Russ9012!

Have a good weekend,

Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply