ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99202
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus SE, HB, sport pkg

FF Reputation: 1 ElGatto Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvandy4898 View Post
Well after 1 year and a month of owning my 2012 Ford Focus and 11 trips to the service shop, I am happy to say that I traded that POS in for another vehicle. My grips with Ford continues as my issues from day one with that car was never really addressed. I purchased the Focus May 2011 with all the hopes that it would do everything I had read up on only to be beyond disappointed with Ford and the vehicle itself. That car had numerous trips to the service shop for transmission issues, recalls, replacement of struts, blower motor, shocks, bearings... I am sure most of the people on this site will say how wonderful their Focus is but trust me, I will never own another Ford because of there NO PERSONAL touch on their customers. I have written Ford and was pushed off to service without any follow up. I am going to write to them again to stress that I am a middle class american and can not afford to just go out and blow money on a car as I did with the Focus. That car was purchased due to my long drives to and from work. The mpg and style appealed to me and I did my research only to be taken for a ride (pardon the pun). That Focus trade last week, put me upside down in a payment that I will have to deal with it. At least, I am not missing time from work as I did with the Focus because of it being in the shop so often.
Well, there's a couple of things that come to mind. Either you purchased a Lemon for which you could have recouped your losses or the mechanics you dealt with really sucked.