Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle)
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 11:31 AM   #761
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,276, Level 35
Points: 3,276, Level: 35 Points: 3,276, Level: 35 Points: 3,276, Level: 35
Level Up 51% Completed
Level up: 51% Level up: 51% Level up: 51%
Forum Activity 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hand-filer View Post
Good news! I just got a call from the dealership. They have ordered the parts to perform TSB 12-6-17. Even better news!
At this point it's no longer as urgent as it once was to have it repaired. I have decided to trade it in on a new Titanium Escape.
Wow; big decision! Remember to grab a new Escape badge right after you do it: http://social.ford.com/grab-a-badge/2013+escape/yes/. I hope you'll remain an active member in this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob View Post
Anyone have a copy of the TSB?
You'll need to visit your dealer to find out more about this bulletin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpolk84 View Post
They ordered the part. My sister knows someone up at the front office so she called him. He said they definitely should replace it if they have the TSB. So it worked out. Thanks for the offer, though!...This was my very first visit to the service department and I gave them checklist of things I needed them to look at.
You're welcome! Please let me know how it turns out for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bames_Jond View Post
...So for me (thank you, helpful CSM), it will be more vacation time used for something other than a vacation and a drive across town to the next closest dealer...

I realize I have the '10 model, but my Focus has such similar suspension maladies to some of the ones you folks here have been experiencing...
Sent you a PM earlier today. Our dealers will do the best job possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricomtl View Post
I'm going on week 3 of clunk free driving - every morning when I leave home, I turn off the radio and still listen ... just in case it was start over, but it seems like it was fixed!

Yay for me !
Cruising in the Focus is your new quiet time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx3matt View Post
Is this a TSB we are getting a letter about, or just one to take care of complaints/occurrences of the clunk and you have to go to the dealer and hope for the best? I get the clunk, but it isn't too bad YET...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
You won't get a letter, if you have the clunk you have to approach your Service dept about it. It is just a service bulletin to help the mechanics diagnose the problem.
Hey guys -

If you haven't done so, zx3matt, please PM me your VIN, mileage, phone #, and dealer info; I'll loop in your Customer Service Manager. Thanks a bunch for your reply, dyn085! Totally agree with you.

Have a good weekend,

Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply