Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - TSB 12B37 - New?
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 04:43 PM   #475
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

Points 2,844, Level 32
Points: 2,844, Level: 32 Points: 2,844, Level: 32 Points: 2,844, Level: 32
Level Up 63% Completed
Level up: 63% Level up: 63% Level up: 63%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 12 dan50 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Looks like there is a post-12b37 reflash avaiable.

12b37 was applied to my car in early May. In the last few days I started to notice new, odd behavior (attempted downshifts for a split second while using cruise control - no, it was not induced engine braking while on a downgrade), so I took it in.

Frankly, the service rep had no idea what I was describing, but after a test drive the tech decided I was experiencing "harsh shifts". He then found there were 2 software updates available: one for the engine, one for the DCT and applied them both. No numbers or identifiers on the work order, just text. But it is sort-of remarkable that an update is available this soon after the major changes of 12b37. Mine was one of the early recipients of 12b37; I imagine more recent recipients could already include these latest changes.

It may be a placebo effect, but to me throttle response seems a bit crisper (still not great, though) and launch and 1/2 shifts seem a bit smoother. Who knows if it will solve the problem I took it in for.

On one hand, it is indeed annoying to own what seems to be a work-in-process. At the same time, you have to give Ford credit for keeping at it.