Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - How to: USB2 add media (2012 focus)
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 03:10 PM   #35
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalomantic View Post
No. This is the latest I got for ya. I took out my iPod classic (usb2) I used tuneup (a aftermarket software that takes care of double files and playlist as well as fix file tags and naming.). I reset sink then re sinker the classic and re set up my iPhone. All was fine. However a few days later I left my phone plugged into USB1 when I shut the car off . When I came back to car and started the car I noticed that it was trying to index (it said usb2) but it was indexing my phone in USB1. It froze up like that. I turned off center council unplugged phone and turned it back on and voice commanded usb2. Got my classic back but lost voice control on it again. I still can not go back and forth between 1 and 2 either if they are both plugged in.
A. This is issue may be caused by trying to interface two apple products. ( I've heard from there that two USB dongles worked fine and did not produce the same issue.)
B. this could be resulted because some playlist and files are repeated on my iPhone.
C. I wish I knew because my gf wants me to set up usb2 in her fiesta. (assuming it has a usb2) but not going to bother if it's going to be this glitchy. I already had to pull fuse once on her sync because it stopped reading her iPod.
SYNC automatically indexes your music every time the player is connected through the USB port. To further isolate this issue, What is the device stating that it has in terms of content (# of Songs, Videos, etc)? You can find out by clicking: SETTINGS > GENERAL > ABOUT. Have you checked the metadata tags for any blanks or errors?
By the way, the Fiesta is equipped with one USB port.

I look forward to hearing from you. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithLM View Post
I have a Ti with MFT and I cannot find an excess port behind the console. Anyone with MFT have any luck yet?
I'd really like to find some way to run a cable that can be somewhat hidden. Frankly the placement of the two power outlets is awful if you want to leave something plugged in all the time. Also under the armrest I don't see a way to run a cable out of the USB ports cleanly.
Are you referring to the Audio/Video inputs? If so, the jacks are located behind a small access door on the instrument panel or in
your center console. In order to use this feature, you'll need to connect using RCA cords which are not included.

If you have any additional questions, let me know.

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford