Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2008-2011 Picture Thread!!
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 12:49 PM   #4846
mac.mogul
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 90409
What I Drive: 2011 Sterling Grey SES Sedan

Points 3,893, Level 39
Points: 3,893, Level: 39 Points: 3,893, Level: 39 Points: 3,893, Level: 39
Level Up 62% Completed
Level up: 62% Level up: 62% Level up: 62%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 13 mac.mogul Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GO.army.1969 View Post
not every road is poorly paved you need to get out more. have you even been out of your home state or home town??
Oh my yes, and nearly all country roads are the same. It varies by state, but i know for a fact Texas doesn't have the best. Most trips I make are on back roads because they're more interesting. I've been to San Antonio, Corpus Christi, Dallas, Houston, Amarillo, Austin, most of which were trips on country roads. I did over 2000 miles on a trip from KC, KS to Brevard, NC and back on country roads and it was a fun drive. I'm hoping to head more north and west in my future trips.

My trip to Germany was the best though. Back in 2004; we didn't do much driving but were were on the A9 for a while and I was impressed with how nice it was. I know some sections of autobahn are in terrible shape and the A7 is almost in a constant state of road works, but for the most part it was much nicer and smoother than any road I've been on apart from a brand new highway.
2011 SES 5spd #006 >> SR #213

What other people think of me is none of my business.