View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 11:48 AM   #1132
cbdallas
Focus Addict

Fan#: 100296
What I Drive: 2013 Race Red ST

FF Reputation: 2 cbdallas Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
What you're seeing is an indicator of Ford service departments that have exhausted all of Ford's most recent remedies, and don't see a light at the end of the tunnel. When they say things like 'drive it til it blows up', don't think they're being lazy or stupid...they've just reached the end of the rope. Yes, it's technically an inappropriate thing to say, but....they take their direction from Ford Corporate. When the directions run out, all that's left is to throw their hands up and let you keep driving the car until it quits, so Ford Corporate will be forced to give you a new car, or at least a new transmission. When remedies become THAT expensive, Ford will be forced to light a fire under the asses of their engineers & software guys to produce a real fix that fixes EVERYONE.

I'm really sorry there are people having such serious troubles with this car. I have a bad habit of buying what's 'latest and greatest'. My last 2 cars have been some of the very first of their generation to arrive on dealer lots (2010 Kia Forte Koup, 2011 Kia Optima), and I guess I've just been lucky. I'm glad I didn't fall in love with the Focus until mid-2012.

Last edited by cbdallas; 07-12-2012 at 01:37 PM.