Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 5-Door tail lamp scratching body
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 10:44 AM   #95
cbdallas
Focus Addict

Fan#: 100296
What I Drive: 2014 Titanium 5-speed

Points 2,434, Level 29
Points: 2,434, Level: 29 Points: 2,434, Level: 29 Points: 2,434, Level: 29
Level Up 90% Completed
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 3 cbdallas Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Removed the light. Looks like a few factors working together to produce this situation.

Mis-alignment of the forward positioning peg hold, 'play' in the rear positioning peg hole, and a VERY sharp edge along the perimiter of the taillight.

I did discover something that may help they guys that are experiencing the paint chipping at the forward section of the light. The positioning peg is adjustable. Gently back it out with a wrench, a little at a time until it positions the light where you want it. I backed mine out a couple of mm and now my light stands out away from the paint.

It may also help that when you put the light back in position, and before tightening the nuts, lift upward on the light to get it away from the bumper. That added a couple mm of space between the light and the bumper, where mine was touching the bumper before.

Now I have a bit of space all around the edges of my light.

*Sorry if this is all a repeat for some of you...I just took the time to read though this entire thread, and the positioning pin adjustment had already been discovered. I guess I was just so excited that I don't have to take the car to the dealership... :-)

Last edited by cbdallas; 07-12-2012 at 12:00 PM.