Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Ford Focus K&N Intake kit Released.
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 03:13 AM   #270
BLarson
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 58905
What I Drive: 2012 Ox White SE Sports Pack Hatch

Points 2,867, Level 32
Points: 2,867, Level: 32 Points: 2,867, Level: 32 Points: 2,867, Level: 32
Level Up 78% Completed
Level up: 78% Level up: 78% Level up: 78%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 7 BLarson Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy-knfilters View Post
Thanks for the inquiry Blarson, those are some great questions!

California is a large market for us, we are extremely proud to be a major manufacturer in the state of California. K&N was started here in Riverside, CA in 1969 and has history here - we will not forget that.

As far as C.A.R.B. certification is concerned, we have submitted the application and are currently waiting on approval for the kit. Keep in mind that this is COMPLETELY out of our hands once we have submitted the application, it is in the hands of the California Air Resources Board.

As soon and IF the application is approved I will update the OP, I must warn you though this takes months even up to a year.

Troy.
Troy,
Thank you very much for the quick and concise response. I totally understand that once the application is submitted you relinquish all control to the "hippy board", and just await their approval or denial. I am very happy that the process has been started.

I know on my old ZX3 had three K&N CAI choices with only one the three having a CARB sticker. So I don't know if you'll be able to answer this or not, but are more CAI designs for the MK3 focus in the works? And if I bought the current CAI system, and a CARB sticker became available at a later date, would K&N ship me the CARB sticker? Thanks in advance.