Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Your opinion: Will Ford "fix" the 2012 Focus for good?
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 10:39 PM   #15
samegate
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101230
What I Drive: 2012 race red focus hb

FF Reputation: 1 samegate Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hi folks , first post have been lurking for awhile tho. Just bought wife a 2012 focus,and thought I would throw my 2 cents worth out. Stying and comfort wize this car is hard to beat for the money. Working at a GM and CHRY. dealership i have spent a lot of time in both makes and dont think there is a better one in either camp at the same price.W dont have new dart yet , but training classes lead me to favor focus and after having spent 1200 miles in a loaded cruze I vote for the focus. I am not a ford person and my thoughts about the build quality will show that. I would say in ours, not as good as chevy or dodge nor as good as my toyo DD. That said part of it is the ford do it our way or no way attitude.
Case in point; a door that doesnt fit right at bottom,seat back cover that wont stay on and a couple of trim pieces that dont fit right. All but the door I feel will be easily taken care of by warranty. I am at about 85% on the MFT and think it will get better; early onstar voice recognition was much worse. In our case, the trans. suits us just fine, after wife learned what it is and how it should act. All in all, the first 500+ miles have been fine: so to me ford has pretty much got the new focus "fixed" already.It is what it is ;relatively inexpensive mass produced car built to a price point.Wife is very happy, so therefore I am happy. BTW, many(not all) of our warranty concerns are from the customer and not the cars- just an opinion mind you as we all (self included) worry over and fuss about cars.