Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Your opinion: Will Ford "fix" the 2012 Focus for good?
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 11:00 PM   #14
oritpro
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96148
What I Drive: 2012 Subaru Impreza Sport Limited

Points 749, Level 14
Points: 749, Level: 14 Points: 749, Level: 14 Points: 749, Level: 14
Level Up 49% Completed
Level up: 49% Level up: 49% Level up: 49%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 oritpro Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The MFT has been pretty decent in my Focus. There are a few glitches now and then but I know how to work around them. On scale of 1-10 I'd give it an 8 in it's current state. I'd rather have it than not.

The DCT can be both a blessing and a curse. As others have mentioned, it's fine when the car is moving faster than 20-25 MPH but a bit lethargic around town or any type of stop and go traffic. Forget about accelerating quickly from a slow roll, it doesn't respond very well at low speed most of the time. Sport shift mode is the way to go in these situations.

With that said, I really really love this car and still wouldn't trade it for anything else in this class. Maybe another Focus with the 5MT but I am on the fence about that because I'd rather have an auto.

I think Ford will get things ironed out, but it will take more than software updates to correct the low speed issues with the DCT.