Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Your opinion: Will Ford "fix" the 2012 Focus for good?
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 08:03 PM   #13
VOLDAR
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90444
What I Drive: Volt 2014, White Diamond

FF Reputation: 3 VOLDAR Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I can't say "do this or do that because it is going to be great". Because I am not a future teller. But, what can I say from my experience since now with my FF with MFT and DCT are the following:

- DCT is another kind of a beast. For me, owning only manuals till now, it was not hard to accomodate and learn how to drive it. For those who expect a DCT to act as a slush-box, well, it doesn't. You have to learn driving it. If you can't, don't buy a car with a DCT. So my advice would be to test drive it good. And use it in every single situation you might imagine (if possible - rent one for the week-end). As for the DCT "noise", it might help to read this --> http://www.fordtechservice.dealercon.../pdf/2DPS6.pdf

- MFT is not a perfect system, it has its glitches but 95% of the time, for me, it was great. Yes, it has problems when asking the computer for French street names but I can live with it. Yes, if you have a phone that uses BT for streaming music and an iPod that is USB connected, and you switch from one to another and add the radio or Sirius into the picture, yes the system sometimes might become instable (as some say: "scr...ed"). If you are not the geek who wants everything perfect and the most complicated, the best, if you are a normal guy, you have 90% of chances to be MFT problems free.
I have the last MFT update and I love it now, even though I was not very pleased with the downgrade Ford did to it.

- No one can tell you that the FF will last "troubles-free" for the next 150 000 miles. I know I can't say it. If I look at the experience I had with my last car, a 2001 Mercury Cougar that I drove for more than 100 000 miles, I can say that after the 80 000 miles mark, things comme to an end of life. Not very expensive though, if the catalyseur is not involved. If you are carefull with the car, it can serve you well. After 11 years of time served, I had to let it go because the onboard computer crushed and to replace it was more than the car's value on the market. So I traded it in for the FF. And I am very happy with it, at almost 22 000 km mark. It does feel almost like my Cougar on "curvy roads". THAT car was a beast on the serpentines.
---replaced by---
Chevy Volt 2014, White Diamond, Luxury Package, S1, Navigation.

Last edited by VOLDAR; 07-11-2012 at 10:00 PM.