Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Any interest in headlight modifications?
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 05:21 PM   #23
craigsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97985
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE

FF Reputation: 6 craigsfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsiutza View Post
hey i already took the headlights apart and tinted/nightshaded the turn signals on my SE

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...tom+headlights

id be doing the hid conversion too but i cant afford the projectors id like to use

craig if you need pointers hit me up ok?
I appreciate it. Your nightshaded reflectors and turn signals look great! I have been doing my research and making some phone calls to some friends with knowledge for the past week and some change. Found out that Ford uses a adhesive called Permaseal, its super strong and takes a lot of patience to remove it properly. Its looking like I am gonna have about $500-$600 invested in my little project.

Edit: Power Surge- I appreciate the insight! I was told the adhesive melts to liquid at about 500 degrees, so getting it softened is gonna be fun.

Chaddz3- I appreciate the info. I did a projector retrofit to my last vehicle (2007 Chevy Equinox), so I found out the hard way how you can blow a BCM.

Active Duty US Army. MOS 91E (Machinist). OEF Vet.