Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Your opinion: Will Ford "fix" the 2012 Focus for good?
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 04:51 PM   #6
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor1956 View Post
OTH, some of the early adopters seem to have ongoing issues with the DCT and they may or may not be fixable with software updates. I really think some of the early adopters either had faulty parts or flawed assembly or the bad software early on may have damaged hardware so it's my opinion that some will need to have parts replaced. I also suspect that there will be additional refinements to the control software. The bottom line is that Ford can't walk away from this as it is too important to there future to have a viable DCT offering.
Agreed. I have a May 2011 build and I'm certain that first few months of transmission programming absolutely raped my clutch. It chatters going into 1st on almost every shift, but I'm going to let it be until it fails because it doesn't really effect performance. It also shakes at idle a little bit.

EDIT: I know for a fact in addition to the programming updates, Ford as changed the shoulder rivets on the clutch, beefed up an engine mount (to quell that vibrating on idle), as well as improved processes to prevent unbalanced clutches.