Old 07-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #1
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95163
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 4 MyThIc3LiTe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
So much for being accident free

Go to the google maps picture for an explanation of what went wrong.

Here is some visual representation of where it happened. 114st just north of Uni Ave. Just near that parking lot and before the first crosswalk.

Crosswalk lights were NOT on, speed limit is 50km/h as usual. The left lane when it happened (830 monday morning) was backed up all the way, people always looking to turn left up ahead and all that. Right lane however was completely open all the way till the blood clinic to make the turn into the hospital, where I was heading anyways. So as I am going, I see no indication of anyone wanting to make a turn. I don't see a car sticking into the lanes to make one. It all looked clear to me, obviously that wasn't the case as that van was already creeping into the left lane looking to turn into the right. Sad part for him is that I owe all to people wanting to make a turn. I don't need to yeild to them or give them priority. I continue on with my drive and he can make is his turn after traffic passes. He assumed the right lane would be clear and went for it. I was near that blue sign, maybe a bit further past that, I couldn't tell at the moment. Either way I tried braking and turning into the parking lot but there wasn't enough room to do it and here we are today.

6 or so hours on the phone with claims for the car and for injury, a sleepless night because I'm stressed and I can't really lie down properly without hurting, waiting for the insurance company to send the forms so I can go do the injury assessments, praying they can fix the car since it looked worse on the inside than it does on the out; shit.

Small consolation is that my car falcon punched the hell out of that moron.

http://www.aniteshjaswalphotography.com
If you live in Edmonton, AB I would be more then happy to do a shoot with you!