Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - sporadic's Turbo Duratec build #2
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 09:57 AM   #38
sporadic
Focus Addict

Fan#: 12724
What I Drive: 06 Sonic Blue ZX5 SES turbo

Points 12,648, Level 73
Points: 12,648, Level: 73 Points: 12,648, Level: 73 Points: 12,648, Level: 73
Level Up 50% Completed
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 61 sporadic Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
This is the boost controller I went with:

I bought it open-box from ebay, so I wanted to make certain it wasn't busted up so I took it apart. This is what is inside. This one is indeed new.

For those wondering how this works, it is a bleed-off type boost controller. That means it will bleed off a preset amount of air going to the wastegate.
This controller has two stages of bleed-off, controlled by a switch. The only electronic part in this system is the solenoid that opens the path to the second bleed dial. It appears it would work fine as a single-stage without any 12v signal.

The dials are reverse threaded. Turning counter-clockwise closes the bleeder valves. Turning clockwise opens the bleeder valves to increase boost.

I have not installed this yet. I ordered a vacuum block and it won't be here until later this week. I'm going to clean up some vac/boost lines so my boost gauge, boost controller and bov all get the signal from the same vac block.
I'm going backpacking/flyfishing for a few days next week, so don't expect any updates until after.