Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle)
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 11:31 PM   #739
Bames_Jond
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 100409
What I Drive: 2010 Black SES

FF Reputation: 1 Bames_Jond Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Sir Clunksalot Rides Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornedFrog05 View Post
I get a call about once a week from my CSM (who lives 6 states away from me) urging me to just keep trying to take my vehicle in. These people think we have an unlimited amount of free-time in order to keep driving our vehicles to various dealerships around our zip codes.

I just don't have the time or patience for the dealership to say it's vehicle characteristic. I can't just leave work because some person with zero empathy says I should. I actually care about my job and would like to keep it, must be nice for them to have a job that requires them to not problem solve and not give great customer service.

Ford pulled a Tommy Boy and shit in a box and put a guarantee on it.

Great line. And, unfortunately, quite appropriate given the situation.

I just got my clunky '10 SES back from the dealer today after a week in the shop (still under the bumper-to-bumper... for another 5600 miles) and, after the installation of new struts and various strut related parts, it's... still clunking. Ugh.

The ironic thing is that even the service dept. admits it's still clunking. Of course, it's about "characteristic for like units at this time" (dealerspeak, I believe, for "we have no idea how to fix the car").

My patience is growing thin with Ford in regard to this issue. I am generally an understanding person (certainly so when I feel someone is working toward a resolution for me) - I have to work directly with clients on a daily basis too - but this dealer line is bunk and we both know it (I drove a comparable unit on their lot and the "characteristic" degree of clunking in that vehicle was noticeably lower than mine).

This SES was my first Ford product and may very well be my last. Time will tell. But one thing's for certain: When someone serves me a crap sandwich and tries to tell me it's delicious, I never come back for seconds.

Still Clunking Around,

Mike