Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - My Oil Change Interval Debate Rant
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 06:16 PM   #239
UnleashedBeast
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100738
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 3 UnleashedBeast Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
I will just comment that the very low NOACK is just a 'selling' note.
The one company which has a very low "XXX" makes it a big deal for folks who love to spout statistics to others about stuff which really does not mean shit.
Sorry but it is true.

So the 'golden wonder oil" has an ultralow NOACK, at 5/6% vs Mobil One with 11%. So.. has ANYONE ever seen all sorts of reports from Corvette owners (who start with Mobil One OEM) about how Mobil One screwed them due to the high NOACK??(( Mobil One DOES mention it's NOACK level if you search the fine print, and they comment it is 11% 12% range))

NO. Because it is a red herring. it may have SOME meaning, but no where near being as important as the 'super best motor oil in the world" freaks want it to be.
If you have never removed an intake manifold from a 1997+ LS1, LS2, LS3, or LS6 engine that was using ANY high NOACK lubricant which was "supposedly" a true synthetic, you would know the difference. I sure have, and it isn't pretty with the heavy deposits present.

Also, please provide a link to this "fine print". This I have to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdallas View Post
The illusion of exclusivity & the intrinsic value (translation: $$$) it adds. Of course they don't want their oil sold at a discount retailer...their margins would go down when they were forced to discount it.

There once was a motorcycle shop just down the road that Amsoil MC oils at a very good price, and I figured he'd probably be able to order in some car oil for me, but then they went out of business. Just not meant to be!

Fortunately I do have a local source for Redline, although it's pretty pricy too. Their 5W-30 has a NOACK of 6, 5W-20 is 8.
No matter how, where, or the method Amsoil is sold, everyone has the ability to buy Amsoil @ dealer/wholesale cost using one simple link.

Preferred Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerBoat View Post
This is my frustration too. The shipping cost and inconvenience of acquiring Amsoil. If it was on the shelf at any local store for the same price they list on the Web site, I would buy it every time even though it's significantly more money. I don't know why Amsoil doesn't realize this of buyers.
If you would do as Amsoil intended everyone to do, use Signature Series only changing your oil once a year....it would be cheaper than buying off the shelf.

Amsoil isn't mainstream in Wal Mart because the owner of the company is loyal to his dealer network.

Last edited by UnleashedBeast; 07-07-2013 at 12:50 PM.