Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 04:32 PM   #1119
dmortonkingston
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101171
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium- Black

FF Reputation: 1 dmortonkingston Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I purchased my car in Nov 2011 and have 14,000KM on it. I am desperately trying to get help with the transmission (as with others)
Ever since I purchased my car I have had a shuddering issue that seems to be somewhat 'normal' but not acceptable in my opinion.
I no longer feel safe with my car in certain situations (If I am going to cross traffic I will no longer do so unless I have 10 times more room than I should require) I have been caught in too many situations where I have attempted to accelerate, only to be stuck cross wise in oncoming traffic cause my car is shuddering so badly it won't move. It feels as though I am driving a standard and the car is still in 4th gear but should be in 1st or maybe 2nd gear.
Believe me when I say, NOT PLEASANT.
We recently drove my car 6.5 hours away to Philadelphia for the Canada Day long weekend and were taking in the Iron Maiden concerts in Philly & Washington. After getting off the highway and coming into Philly the car was at it's worst. Lot's of stop and go traffic for a ways and every time I pressed the gas to move forward it felt like the car was going to vibrate me out of the seat it was shuddering so badly.
So moving forward from that approx 4-6 times in total I have also had a problem with the car neutralizing. Usually when I press the gas to accelerate in traffic, it just zinged up and slowed down. Once it happened while I was attempting to pass a car in fornt of me and I was heading into the other lane of traffic, thankfully I realized what was happening soon enough that I just got back over and didn't need to crap my pants at oncoming traffic.

I have had my car to my local dealer complaining of the shuddering since I purchased the car and have been told that it needs to be reset, it will take xxx amount of km's to learn my driving habits and after our trip to Philly I brought my car in and all that was done was reset the adaptive stragies again.
I am beyond upset and frustrated because I do love my car but am getting frustrated that I do not feel safe while driving it. I planned on driving 11 hours to New Brunswick to visit my grandmother but after the last trip that will not happen. Not with this car anyway. The dealer told me to keep driving it till it blows up!!! I was appalled that the service tech would tell me that. Told me "no worries, there is roadside assistance on it"

Seriously!!??

Anybodies comments or suggestions would be extremely welcome as I need help. They had no problem charging me $29,000 for my fully loaded Titanium but not so much on the fixing part.

Thanks everone.
Darla